Last updated: 4 FEBRUARY 2020
These are the rules (the “End User Licence Agreement” or “EULA”) we use to protect Necronator: Dead Wrong (our “Game”) and our users, including you. We’ve tried to keep them as short as possible, to help you understand how you can use the Game, and what problems might crop up. If you don‘t want to or can‘t agree to this EULA, then you must not buy, download, use or play our Game.
We offer the Game through the Steam platform (“Steam”), which is hosted by Valve S.A.R.L. (in the EU) and Valve Corporation (in the US). That means you need a Steam account to play the Game via Steam, and your use of Steam is subject to the Steam Subscriber Agreement, which you can find online here. The Steam Subscriber Agreement changes from time to time, and if it becomes inconsistent with this EULA then, where there are conflicts, the Steam Subscriber Agreement takes precedence. Steam lets you get a refund for the Game in some cases. You can find out how on the Steam website here: Steam Refunds.
You’re only allowed to use the Game and send personal information to us if you are either 18 years or older, or you are 13 years or older and your parent or legal guardian has read this EULA and explained it to you, and provided us with their consent to your use of the Game. By playing the Game you are confirming to us that you are over 13 years of age and, if you are under the age of contractual capacity in your country, you confirm that you have your parent or legal guardian’s consent to play the Game and that your parent or legal guardian has read and agreed to this EULA.
• This EULA is a legal agreement between us and you, so please read it carefully.
• It describes how you are permitted to use the Game.
• If you break these rules, we may stop you using the Game, or ask our lawyers to get in touch.
• The Game is provided on an ‘as is’ basis.
• This EULA may change from time to time.
3. WHAT YOU CAN DO
We’re excited to see you enjoy the Game! As long as you follow the rest of the rules in this EULA, you can use the Game in the following ways:
• To play the Game (we own the Game, and brands or content in the Game, so you are buying permission to play the Game yourself in accordance with this EULA, not the Game itself).
• Share screenshots and videos of your gameplay.
• Include ads in gameplay videos which you share via streaming video sites (as long as it doesn’t seem like an endorsement by us).
• Use upgrades and updates which we hope to make available from time to time (although we are not obliged to provide updates or support).
4. WHAT YOU CAN’T DO
To protect the Game and our users, it’s important for us that: (i) all “official” Game items come from us so we can guarantee their quality; (ii) only we make commercial use of the Game or any part of it; and (iii) other people don’t use the Game in a way which is unfair or which might affect our rights.
The following sets out some of the things that you cannot do with the Game:
• Don’t share, rent, resell, or make available copies of the Game (or any hacked versions) or any licence keys to anyone else, and don’t let anyone else have unfair or unreasonable access to anything we’ve made.
• If you share videos or screenshots of your gameplay, make sure you created them yourself and that it’s clear they are not official.
• Don’t charge for, or make commercial use of anything which we’ve made or which is related to the Game unless we’ve agreed it with you in advance in writing, or where it’s expressly allowed by law (such as under “fair dealing” or “fair use” law) or this EULA.
• Don’t share any password you use to access the Game, or any access to your account, with any other person. Don’t do anything (or attempt to do anything) which might disrupt use of the Game by us or other gamers, or which could harass or upset other members of the Necronator: Dead Wrong or Modern Wolf communities.
• Don’t make anything available on or through our Game (including via voice chat or text chat functions in the Game) which is illegal, dishonest, racist, sexist, homophobic, pornographic, bullying, trolling, or which might damage our or another person‘s reputation, infringe their rights, or impersonate or trick or exploit anyone.
Make sure you read these rules carefully and understand them. If we are threatened or face legal action because you break any of the other rules in this EULA, we may hold you responsible. That means you will need to compensate us, and pay us back for any damage we suffer as a result, and for our legal and other expenses.
5. OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in this EULA will limit any of your rights which may not be excluded under law. This means that, irrespective of any other terms in this EULA:
• our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence is not excluded or limited, nor is our liability to you for any fraudulent representation we make;
• if the Game is faulty when we deliver it to you, we will try to repair or replace it;
• if we can’t fix that fault within a reasonable time, or without significant inconvenience, you’re entitled to all or some of your money back;
• if, as a result of the fault, the Game damages your device and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation.
Other than as mentioned above, our overall liability to you is limited to the price you paid for the Game. The Game, along with any updates or upgrades, are provided “as is”. That means we don’t make any promises to you about the Game other than that the Game will be of satisfactory quality, as described, and fit for purpose.
We don’t make any other promises about our Game (we know you’ll love it, but that doesn’t mean you can give it back after a month because you’ve found a new game to play).
We’ll use reasonable skill and care to provide the Game to you, but can’t guarantee there won’t be any errors or interruptions when playing it, or that it won’t cause any problems with your device.
If we release a version of the Game which is not yet complete, because we want to give you early access, then you’ll need to bear in mind that it may have some bugs.
Please do let us know straight away if you discover any problems with the Game, so we’re aware and can decide whether it’s something we need to address in a future release (if there is one). You can contact us to let us know about any problems with the Game at email@example.com.
6. CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Unless we agree with you otherwise in writing and/or subject to applicable laws, you agree that you may only bring any claim that you might have against us on an individual basis and not as a claimant or member in any purported class, collective, consolidated or representative action or legal proceeding.
This section will not apply to you if you live in a jurisdiction that does not permit class actions or other collective disputes.
7. GENERAL STUFF
This EULA doesn’t affect any legal rights you may have under the law that applies to you for the Game which cannot be excluded or limited. Nothing we say in these terms affects those legal rights.
We may also change this EULA from time to time but changes only affect you to the extent they can legally apply. For example, if we release an update with a new EULA, and you don’t use the update, then the old EULA applies, but if you do use the updates or if you use parts of the Game that rely on our ongoing online services then the new EULA will apply. In that case we may not be able to/don‘t need to tell you about changes for them to have effect, so you should check back here from time to time.
We’ll only make changes if they are reasonable, for example if the law changes, we need to protect other users of the Game, or we're making improvements or adding features which mean this EULA needs a rethink.
This EULA is governed by English law and you can bring proceedings in respect of the Game or this EULA in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Game in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Game in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
8. DEVICE AND INTERNET REQUIREMENTS
Please note that Game relies on internet connectivity for some of its functionality, such as online multiplayer. You are responsible for ensuring that you have an internet connection and the device you use has sufficient system capabilities and memory in order to play and store the Game. You can find further information about the system requirements needed for the Game on the Game's relevant platform store pages.
9. PRIVACY AND DATA
10. COMPANY AND CONTACT INFORMATION
In this EULA, “we”, “us" and “our" refers to:
MODERN WOLF LIMITED
One London Square
Surrey GU1 1UN
Company number: 11956982
© 2020 Modern Wolf Limited. All trade marks are the property of the relevant owners. All rights reserved.